History

The first non-conformist church in Ewhurst was a chapel opened by the Surrey Mission in 1821, based in the Shere Road. It grew to about 100 to 150 members.

The church outgrew the original building and they moved to a new site the foundations of which were laid in 1908 on the present site by the Congregational Union.

It closed in 1958 and in 1960 was  purchased for the sum of £3000 and re-opened as Ewhurst Evangelical Church, part of the Fellowship of Independent Churches. An extension to the building was added in 1969.

In 1997 links were formed with Guildford Baptist Church and in 2003 the church joined Baptist Union and changed name to Ewhurst Baptist Church in 2004.

More about the history of the village can be learnt by clicking here.

Today the church looks more like this: